Having to cook a meal at the end of a hard working day and having to take on mommy duties can be tough. Especially if you are trying to eat healthy and stay in shape. The hardest thing is staying on track of everything and remembering to take care and love yourself. It is easy for us to give to others and put our own needs on the back burner however losing focus does not give us an excuse to just give up on ourselves. Why can't we still be hot mama's and incorporate health and fitness into that at the same time. What may seem like impossible is actually not, it's just scary and not so appealing in the beginning but once you get started you will wonder why you didn't begin sooner. Besides if it was easy everyone would be doing it right? Add some spunk to your day and learn about fun ways to manage your busy life plus everything that you want to do as well. Why should we not reach for the stars if given the chance and opportunity to.
I have found ways to make my life a little easier --> by utilizing the crock pot and my handy dandy oven for lot's of meals (( recipe and photos will be up soon)). Eating out can be faster than preparing a meal at home and it is also faster to put on those extra calories and leave you feeling hungry in a few hours which causes you to eat another meal or several snacks to fill up which is another bad thing. Having a routine works for me only because I have a "type A personality" and can be very anal about things being on schedule and in order. So if you are like me I like to plan ahead this is either by prepping the night before (perhaps seasoning my meat overnight, getting my pots out, making my grocery list, anything else I may need to do) I also have my 7 year old help me set the table, get my things out the fridge, or even putting things in the oven and assisting with meal prep. Having him involved in the dinner process allows him to enjoy our healthier options more and he is also a bit more open minded to taste his yummy creation. Trust me he was the biggest picky eater ever and is now opening up and understanding why we have to make healthy food choices, and why we do not eat fast food as much as we did.
Now for working out.. I learned that since I am not a morning person I actually do not mind working out in the wee hours of the morning. It's actually fun for me it's quiet time, I am able to finish waking up and I leave with the boost of energy that I need to start my day officially. At the beginning of my journey I was only able to endure 40-45 mins of working out. One year later I am able to do up to 2 hours depending on my schedule, the goals I have for the week, and it all depends on how my body feels. I usually like to listen to my body and I do not try to compete or go too hard in order to prevent injuries and go at a pace that is easy and feels comfortable enough for me. I like to set my goals and record my progress in order to see my growth and non scale victory's. I learned the number on the scale truly does not mean anything. I have learned to love, and accept the girl/ woman I see in the mirror. She is much stronger, wiser, and has come such a long way. Most important she has not given up on the challenge that she started for herself. It is easy to give up however I would just end up where I started. I could push through this hard moments and see how far I could go beyond those moments.
Going beyond is more rewarding than falling back into old habits that rehash old feelings and depressed emotions that cause us to eat and not feel worthy enough of a positive change. The physical aspect does not matter what is satisfying and rewarding is the attitude that comes from the hard work that you have just accomplished. I guess that's kind of something that you won't understand unless you actually feel and go through it. I remember reading things similar to what I am writing and thinking to myself, "she needs to shut up I am sure it is not that easy, I am sure she is doing something she is not telling us about, I am sure someone is cooking her or helping her that is why she is doing that" however I stopped worrying about what they were really doing and I decided to put myself to the test because that is truly what I cared about the most. I was worried about getting healthy for myself and proving to myself I can do whatever I want as long as I dedicate myself and learn the proper way to do it.
One year later I have not given up, I feel better than I ever have, my son is following me and also eating and feeling wonderful, and we are able to do more than before. We are able to go on hikes, run around at the park, we dance like crazy people to Wii Dance, and we just stay active because it is true a body is motion tends to stay in motion, and a body at rest tends to stay at rest. A year ago I did not have anywhere near as much energy as I do today. A year ago today I did not make healthy choices just consciously and not just because I feel "I have too". Find what you like to do and just do it and don't ever give up because its easier to give up than it is to start.
No comments:
Post a Comment