Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sharing Custody.

Okay so here's the thing for 4 years I have been a single mom to my 4 year old son. I have provided everything for him since the very beginning with no help from his father. I knew that the day would come where his dad will have to be apart of his life and I would potentially have to share custody of my son. Never once did I think it would be this hard or hurt so bad. How do I go from being Super Mom to sharing the one person who has been by my side and built be into the strong woman I am today? I know its whats best for him and I do accept the fact that he needs his dad in his life but the hardest part is allowing and letting go. My son has seen me at my weakest and has helped me along the way, hes never gave up on me and I have never gave up on him. He has become my best friend and the sunshine to my day thinking that now I will have to share him with dad makes me sad knowing that I have to hurts more. How do you make the transition easy? Can it be easy when theres tension from the "wife"? I know its going to be a bumpy hard ride and I'm willing to take it but how many bumps will you be able to go over without the shocks breaking? Will things change from here on out? Will my son still think of me as his "Super Hero" or will I be replaced by his dads wife? I guess I'm just Wishing for the best and just preparing for the worst ..... only hoping that good things come out of this.
I was raised by my mom and my dad never wanted part in raising me so I know how important it is to have both parents in your life Its all about letting go at this point and learning to share and be civil. My heartaches, I only hope everything falls into place and my son never stops smiling.

I must now learn to share the one thing I've held closest to my heart and not hold any type of grudges ....

No comments:

Post a Comment