Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Jomy's Fitness Journey (Here's my Story)



My fitness journey began in 2011 however I did not take it serious and start physically working out everyday until December 6, 2013. Getting fit is something that does not happen over night. It took me a lot to finally take it serious and do it for the one person that mattered the most and that was for myself. Over the years I feel I was always working so hard to please others and I forgot about pleasing myself. Happiness begins when you truly love and accept who you are and understand that you are amazing because of who and what you are. I must say I did not see how quickly I was able to pack on the pounds because I hid from myself and I was in my own world of depression. On Jan 7, 2010 I lost my younger and only brother in a tragic accident; needless to say my whole life changed at that moment and I fell into a dark place where food became my comfort and coping mechanism. Food was something that brought my brother and I close. We would laugh and talk as we went out to eat or as he prepped us something to eat (because I never had to cook when he was around). Losing my brother I felt I could still be close to him if I ate for the both of us. In a matter of months I packed on the pounds and gained 50 lbs in less than 1 year. I did not see it but others did and they commented and made remarks about it ( which is truly rude). I reached a total of 230 lbs which was more weight than I had gained even when I was pregnant with my son. Therefore this was the biggest I had reached and I felt hopeless and unsure if I could ever get back to my regular clothes considering my size. 

Working out for the first time I had a million emotions going through my mind but I knew one thing for sure I had to make this my new lifestyle if I really wanted to see changes. I also did not want to use anymore excuses. I did not need a workout buddy because no one will encourage or push me the way that I could push and inspire myself. When my son was off from school or when we were home one the weekends I got him up and out the door with me to take on fitness in other fun ways like hiking, playing outdoors, site seeing or other creative fun ways that I will blog about another time. I started out by doing 45 mins on the treadmill and at that point 45 mins felt like an eternity. Little by little I increased the incline on the treadmill and begin to also increase my walking speed. It may seem like you are not moving at all however your body will do what it has to do at the pace that it has too in order for you to feel and look amazing. Hard work pays off and it may take longer than we expected however not giving up is the only thing that you should truly be worried about.(check out my Instagram Page: Jomys_Journey for up to date pictures and videos of some of my workouts)  

Changing your eating habits does not have to be disgusting or a dreadful task that is going not make eating enjoyable. Find what is going to work for you; do not worry about what everyone else is doing because adapting your own personal method that is easy for you is what you ideally want and need. 
In 2012 I decided to no longer eat McD's which was a long time favorite of mine that was making me really sick and effecting my gallbladder in many ways. Once I stopped eating fast food all of my stomach issues went away and I noticed I was no longer bloated looking in my belly area. Eating healthy can actually be very yummy when you find out what you like and how to make it into yummy creations that are filling and low in calories. ((I will also share some of my meal ideas on some future blogs// Along with kid friendly meal ideas for picky little eaters like mine)).

One year Later I am pleased to say that I was able to lose more weight than I had expected. In December at 230 lbs I didn't think it would be possible to lose 50 lbs, however when I did and I reached 180 lbs I set my next goal of losing 30 more lbs in order to reach 150 lbs. Well here we are 1 year later and I was able to lose 85 lbs and now I have to set my new goal which is ..............



 Stay Tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment