Are You done yet?
That is the question I often hear. Am I done with what?
With working out? You don't want to get skinnier do you? You will only look sick. Not everyone looks good skinny. No man is going to want a female without curves or a little meat on her bones.
We all know that opinions are like .....
Everyone seems to have one.
I am not done and will not be done anytime soon. This is not something I started to just simply drop the weight and kick to the side. I started this as something that would become apart of my lifestyle. I do not want to simply be skinny; I want to be strong, confident, and capable of climbing the highest mountain side without struggling for breath & hating the process.
If your not working on bettering yourself daily, you wont understand
I never planned to lose weight and find the love of my life. I also did not plan to lose weight and suddenly enter the dating pool by swan diving into it. The opinions of others have always held me back. I was realizing opinions and weight was "weighing" me down.
"Remove all of the toxic relationships from your life"
I had to do things I was not currently doing.
Gaining weight came with health problems, body aches, fatigue, bloating, and other things that I can not quickly think of as I'm typing this out (sorry). My skin did not look as if it was nourished because it was not. I was not drinking enough water or eating the proper food to fuel my body and hydrate my skin so I could not expect it to just "happen."
You have to do the work if you want to reap the benefits
Was I great at working out and eating healthy. Obviously not if I reached 245 lbs within a few months. Small changes lead to big results. While I felt that I was not losing weight as fast as I had liked, I was actually moving at the speed that was suitable for me. There is not competition when you are making lifestyle changes. I wanted to cry every morning when it was time to go to the Gym; truth be told that some days I still want to cry and not go.
Everyday you can either give up or push through
If you don't like doing something, so what, do it anyway, do it often, and do it until you love it. The things that we do not like doing are often fear driven. Some part of it makes us not enjoy it. Push the fear out of the way and do what it takes. You can sit and doubt yourself or you can amaze yourself with your magical powers that you have been storing inside.
I learned to replace the I can't with I CAN and stopped worrying about the opinions.
I have learned that I will never be able to live to the values and standards that others expect me to live. I will live the live with the values and standards that are suitable for my household, as I am the one that pays the bills around here and we cant cash opinion filled checks.
So when I get asked if I am done yet.
I cant help but chuckle.
Am I done striving for my goals?
Am I done pushing my own self to the limits I once feared.
Not. Nearly. Done.
No comments:
Post a Comment