Friday, March 25, 2016

New Gym / New Perspective?



So I started at a new Gym after attending my old gym for 4 years. Well here we are back to the place where I have to leave my comfort zone and start fresh. Back to the very first day in a new place with new machines, people, and a whole new daily experience. I had my routine, made friends, felt comfortable, and well just like that everything changed and it was time to start fresh and move on.

Change is something that is needed and is inevitable. We will not know when it is going to happen, nor do we visually see it until we really focus and pay attention. With change comes a whole new boost of confidence and self worth. Even if no one tells you that you are doing a good job you will feel it within yourself and that is all the validation that is needed. In life we can not aim to meet the expectations of others when they can not even meet their own expectations. No one has figured out how to make it out alive, nor have they figured out the perfect way to do it all.

We need to take wrong turns. Shed the tears. Endure the bad moments. In order to appreciate and accept the good moments that await you. What may seem like the most horrible moment in time is actually just mentally testing your ability to continue pushing forward. Are you going to give up on yourself as if expected. Or will you fight and push through because your curious to test your own ability. I have had many bad moments. I have also had many bad years, months, and weeks. I have let these moments take over my life, and recently I have learned to take the moments head on and fight through them. We could lay in bed and make excuses or we can use those excuses as motivation to attain high success because there's nothing but time and opportunity awaiting.

If we settle in the comfort zone, we are unable to fully explore our full potential. Taking the leap of faith is how it all begins. When I began my Yoga Journey I was afraid to fall. Within a few days I realized falling was a part of the process. We are not able to see what we have done wrong and we are not able to grow without the hard moments or the falls that make and prepare us for the next time. Every time the scale did not budge I pushed further. I could have given up and I could also have ended up back at 245 lbs wondering what I did wrong. I can start over every day and become better than yesterday or I can give up and start over when it may be too late.

Ultimately we all have choices.   

I chose to learn these new machines, to work harder than I did these last 4 years, to continue striving for best of my athletic ability because this is something that I wanted and desired. Music turned up loud. Directions are on all the machines and always keep in mind YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST CRITIC. No one around you is thinking or judging you as hard or as much as you are. Relax and enjoy the journey and smile while you still have teeth because tomorrow is not guaranteed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment