I took a leap of faith. I stepped way out of my comfort zone. I opened myself up and I humbled myself down for something that made me feel the happiest I have felt in a long time. I ended up learning that I am A hopeless romantic stuck in a world where commitment and being ready always seems to be a problem.
A few years ago I spoke to someone about starting school and my response was, "I cant start school right now. Everything is messed up, I just got laid off from my job I cant think about school." I will never forget the response I received, "When will you ever be ready? When is everything going to be perfect? Have you met anyone who waited or knew when that "perfect" time would come around?"
Truth be told no one has their "shit" together. No one has "shit" figured out. "Shit" doesn't just happen. And "Shit" will not get better unless you want it to.
Life is to short - Take the Chance before it expires
Nothing in life is guaranteed but how you live the moment is what will matter the most to you. Don't put off what you can do today until tomorrow; tomorrow is never guaranteed. The moment may not be available later; take full advantage even if you are not ready.
All of the memories created will mold you into the strongest being you can become. Don't change who you are because others may not understand you. Nothing in life will be easy nor does it come easy to us. Everyday will not be sunny and the "perfect" day will not exist unless you work on making everyday as perfect as you can. Without the work you can not expect to see any results. You can not keep bad company and expect to advance to the top.
In a room full of potential the only one that catches my eye is the one that is not ready. In a room full of potential the one I wanted had me take many leaps of faith to only fall flat on my face. I sit and wonder if Karma is kicking in and perhaps that is why I find myself swimming against the tide once again unable to tread water.
Perhaps my wings gave up. Perhaps the weight was too much to keep my up that high. Perhaps I was flying faster than my heart could handle. Perhaps I was blinded and not listening.
If we do not take the leap we will never know if we can fly. However falling is never easy. Falling on your knees; picking up the broken pieces is never easy. The lesson learned sometimes becomes questionable.
If we do not make mistakes how will we learn?
We can sit and feel sorry for ourselves - usually I was great at this I either ate my emotions or punished myself because I didn't understand why others did not treat or invest as much into our relationship or friendship the way I did. Feeling sorry for ourselves accomplishes nothing and we should never sit and let the depression take over. We can not help but cry sometimes; take the tears and turn them into the fuel needed to continue to smile and be great.
Those who value your true being will always remain around. The person that truly cares about you will always make time for you. Your happiness is dependent on your actions. You can not sit and wait for someone else to create your happy ending when everyone's happy ending and purpose here on Earth is different. Find someone whom you can build and be great around; although your purposes may be different, your goals, morals and train of thought may align imperfectly in a world that strives for perfection.
No comments:
Post a Comment