Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mom Life

Single Parenting Outlook. 

Truth be told privacy in a single parent household is nonexistent. The few hours that they are asleep, you most likely will be sleeping too, so there goes your private time.

When we are not apart because of work or school, my son is by my side or fairly close by. He is always wondering what I am doing, who I am talking to, and where we are going/doing.

Questions upon Questions with 24/7 companionship.

I do not have a support circle, nor do I have someone whom I am co parenting with. So that means I don't have the same luxuries that others take for granted however as a single mother my goal is to make it work. I do not get weekends or every other week off but when I do get an hour or two to myself I do appreciate every moment of it.


You can let your struggles set you back or you can use them as your motivation to push for more.

It's just the two of us. 


All the time. 


Everyday. 


I have learned that I will never have a telephone conversation without a little person asking, playing or crying loudly in the background.

I have learned that I can never just "run to the grocery store real quick."

I have learned that I will never have a clean car as it will always be consumed there will be many melted crayons, crushed up cereal/food, and toys.

I have learned to smile when the cup of milk spills because never spilling something quite frankly is impossible.

I have learned to check to see" if the toilet seat is put down before I sit on it at 3am because when you live with boys things like that make a huge difference.

I have learned that everyone will have their opinion on your parenting style but no one yet has raised the "perfect child." Keep in mind the "perfect child" will grow into a "perfect adult."


Find me that person please as you pass judgement on all my wrongdoings.

I would like the perfect person to correct not judge or taunt me.

I have learned to be responsible even on the days when I do not want to adult.

It's easy to throw in the towel and let someone else take over. It's easy to ask for help and to rely on others.

I have learned to take the rugged terrain as it has made me self reliant and more aware of my capabilities.

There's no escalator to success. If you want it you have to push out of that comfort zone and do things you haven't done before.

I have learned to trust & believe in myself even on the days where I have no one around.

Most importantly, I have learned to be myself by being his mom because he doesn't care if I make mistakes.

Single parenting is one of the hardest jobs around. It comes with many sleepless nights, tantrums and you don't have any sick days but the best part is that it comes with boat loads of hugs and kisses.


No comments:

Post a Comment