Thursday, May 19, 2016
Holding On & Letting Go.
Holding on. I guess we all sort of hold on to things because of a various amount of reasons. However letting go is healthy and we should never fear having to let go or parting ways. We will never know if we can fly if we do not take the first leap. It is scary but if we do not take that leap we will never know..
Holding on to things can settle us into deep comfort zones that can debilitate us from our future goals. I held on to everything that I could because I felt like I had "lost" so much that I did not want to lose anything else. Holding on to things broke me down in ways that I did not see but I could feel. I was unmotivated to change because "everything was just fine." I held on to toxic relationships that did not provide me with anything but a broken and bruised soul because I felt that was all I could get or deserved therefore I invested my all into others that did not deserve my time of day time and time again. The past would come knocking and I answered knowing what the results would be. I questioned myself when deep down I knew I was not in the wrong; however I still held on because I felt that was "all I had." I opened up to those who quickly went off to use this information as their personal form of entertainment as they passed judgement.
When the fog clears you realize you do not have to hold on to anything that causes you hurt, grief, or discomfort. I should not be climbing mountains for others who will not do the same. Understanding your value is the first step to believing that you do not have to hold on to anything in order to be happy. You can not make any changes until you are able to see clearly. I was stuck under a dark cloud for a few years because I blamed myself for the actions of others.
Whomever wants you to be apart of their life will make the time and effort needed. The important ones will not make excuses as none as ever needed. Those whom are still growing will not understand that any type of relationship is a two way street and both parties must invest equally. Treating others fairly and with the same respect that you require. We do not compete with one another rather we lift and help one another. If your inner circle is not doing this it is okay to let it go and move on we do not have to hold on to everything. Everything serves a certain purpose and once that purpose is fulfilled perhaps it is time to close that chapter and move on to the next life lesson.
When we hold on to things we can drown our own selves. We can set ourselves up for failure by keeping the company that is not in the best interest for where you are headed. Never hold on to something because you think that is the "best you could do." We can do whatever we desire. Letting go will hurt. It will be silent. It will be lonely. You will question a lot of things. You will wonder. You will cry and feel as if you just want to hold on but it takes us being a little unsteady in order to find the balance that we need to stand on our own two feet.
Nothing is easy but it will be worth it.
We should not let anything hold us back from accomplishing what we desire. Someone will always have something negative to say but I am pretty sure they will never do what it takes to do whatever you are trying or already doing. We should let go of something daily and pick something new up. It does not have to be materialistic. We can let go of old habits and begin new ones. We can try new recipes, workouts, talk to new people, take a new route, try on a different color top, change up your hairstyle, or sit outside and just admire things that you didn't notice the day before.
Why continue opening the door to the same excuses and relationships when you can begin opening new doors and exploring new possibilities. Everyone will have something negative to say and we can believe that and not live for ourselves, or we can take that as the fuel we need to light our fire. No one needs to believe in YOU because you know what it takes and no one knows YOU better. Do what it takes and don't look back those who matter will be right by your side running with you not secretly competing against you and putting you down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment