Friday, August 26, 2016

Romance Yourself



Far too often I hear people wanting others to do for the things that they can not do on their own. 
When we are vulnerable we get to know ourselves. When we are alone we get to soul search. Being alone does not mean you are not worthy of having someone in your life; it simply means you are okay with being alone. People look at lonesomeness as something strange, you should go out and find someone is what I often hear. Why should I go out and find someone when I am still finding myself. In order to understand what you want you have to understand yourself first. 

Do not wait for someone else to do the things that you want to do, when you can do those things for yourself by yourself. No one else is going to appreciate what you want more than you will. 

Romance and Love yourself. Don't settle. Know what you want and go for it. 

I often get judged because my wants are different from someone else's. However I was not placed here to fulfill their wants for myself. I was here to fulfill my own destiny and create my own mistakes. 

Leaving your comfort zone and doing things that you have not done before does not feel good in the beginning. Shaking off the doubt, fear, and self esteem issues all on our own because no one else can do it for you. Make promises to yourself and do not give up on yourself, why would you want to let yourself down when others will do it without hesitation. 

Set your values high enough to value yourself everyday. 

I have learned to make my own self happy. I buy my own flowers because if you want something you have to go out and get it. Do not wait for someone else to do it! I do not need someone else to determine my self worth when they do not know the struggle that I endured to get to where I am.
I do not need someone else to romance me. You can not expect someone to love you if you do not love yourself. 

I have found love in other places. I have found that being alone is soothing. I have found that doing it my way works for me. I have found that believing, loving, and romancing myself is all that I need to keep me striving for my purpose. Many people look for a spouse in order for them to find their purpose; I chose the opposite. We all want different things, stop worrying about someone else's lawn being greener and worry about making your grass the greenest it can be.

You can not make a difference until you make a decision. 




No comments:

Post a Comment