Friday, August 26, 2016
Stop Settling, Start Believing.
I stopped wishing I could do things and I just went out and did it.
I stopped talking about what I wanted to do and I went and did it.
I started thinking of what I could do and I went out and tried it.
I started doing what I wanted to do and stopped settling.
After the pain is the reward but you will not appreciate the reward without the pain and struggle.
Knowing what I wanted go me to where I am. I had to go after what I want everyday and even when I got it I still had to keep going because when you stop you lose focus. You can not get a new life but you can create new scenarios to make it the best one. You can sit and complain or you can get up and "fuck shit up."
Make guarantees to yourself. If you want it go out and get it. Stop letting yourself down.
I did not go out and do it expecting anything from anyone. I wanted to make myself happy.
I let depression and my comfort zone take over and wondered why nothing was changing. I was talking about wanting it but I was not doing anything to get it.
I grew up hating myself. I was working against myself. I was secretly wishing she could fail so "I" could win. The biggest enemy you have to deal with is yourself. You can either love yourself or continue hating and working against yourself.
You have to want it bad enough to do it and never give up. Giving up is easy; so it settling in your comfort zone. That's the place where dreams go to die. Unless you set outside that comfort zone you will not get the results that you want.
I did not do anything special. I just decided to make a change. I didn't need to broadcast it. I did not wait for someone to come around and help me. I did it on my own, without complaining about it. If you believe it you can achieve it.
You have to let go of the past in order to grow.
I lost my brother in 2010 and ultimately lost myself as well. I stopped believing and sulked into the dark and comfortable area. In order to change I had to change my thought process. I had to set my goals and I had to do things that did not feel good. I had to isolate myself and I had to find my purpose.
Find your purpose. Not the purpose that others expect you to be. I found my purpose and ignored the noise and whispers. I was not going to quit on myself as I had done time and time again. The harder you work the harder it is to surrender.
You have to want to take the stairs and not the elevator. When you reach the top they will ask you to stop; they want you to stop. They want you to stop because you are doing something they aren't. No one will know your story but they will judge your outside appearance and say you "had it easy," when truth be told no one has it easy, it just takes hard work and dedication to achieve what and who you want to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment