I thought I lost myself or was losing myself; in reality I was finding a new part of myself that I didn't know existed.
I had a routine; this routine was very strict. I knew day to day what I was doing and prepared the day before for the next day. It was just something that kept me sane. I got trapped in my routine, it became my comfort zone. Comfort Zones are where dreams go to die. This comfort zone was a little different. I got closer with myself.
Although I was working out, going to school, being a full time mom, and doing much more, I still felt like I was not doing enough. I was not being nice myself and I started to ignore my intuition. I soon learned this was not a bad thing. The darkest hour is just before dawn.
I began to protect myself. I was selfish with my time and began redirecting my energy. I walked on many eggshells hoping to please those who ultimately didn't matter. I closed doors that I thought I couldn't. I ended the run on chapters. Sometimes we hold on to our comfort zones so tight; they end up suffocating us.
The caterpillar does not get any credit; while the butterfly is admired. In order for the butterfly to obtain its beauty it has to start from the larvae and progress throughout the different stages. Giving up would be the easy thing to do. People are secretly waiting for you to fail. We must remember in order to win we must fail. Just when you want to give up is when the miracle happens.
Just before the butterfly can fly it has to take the leap.
No comments:
Post a Comment