Learning
to let go. Letting go of all toxic things within your life. Letting go of all
the pain, the unhappiness, tears, and old habits. Letting go of friendships
that you thought would last a lifetime. Letting go of the comfort zone that
swallows up our dreams; leaving you feeling hopeless. Letting go of the fears
that hold you back from the unknown.
Perhaps we will wait
until we get to that bridge in order to cross it. How can we cross it when we
are nowhere near it? Perhaps we have to learn to fully stand on our own two
feet before we are able to cross that bridge. What if that bridge can only hold
your weight?
Learning
to listen before we speak. Sit in silence. Listen to the lesson. The words are
being spoken to you for a reason; do not miss the lesson because you’re anxious
to speak. Instead of judging others for the way in which they have sinned; I
have learned from the sins of others. Not one person has a full grasp on life;
so who is anyone to judge. Someone will always have an opinion and they will always
have something to say regardless because gossip is something that some thrive
for. Let it go.
Fear
holds us back from letting go. It is scary to think about taking that leap
& not knowing if you are going to fly or fall flat on your face. It is easier
to stay within our comfort zone because it is something that we are familiar
with. Our comfort zone leads us to feel content. We begin to believe “this is
the best it’s going to get” when in reality we do not know what the best is if
we have never left our comfort zone and explored the unknown. Perhaps we spend
too much time pleasing others that we lose focus of the most important thing;
which is ourselves.
It
seemed like every time I gained something in life I lost something else that
was just as important. I knew that whatever didn’t kill me only made me
stronger; however why does obtaining this much strength hurt so damn bad. I
look around & I stand all alone. Those whom I have given my whole heart too
are gone, those whom stated they will always have my back have faded into the
deep fog, where has everyone gone? Various relationships have come & gone;
I guess I kind of don’t do well with those sort of things.
Perhaps
I expect too much, other times I set myself up. Perhaps I second doubt myself
on things when I know I shouldn’t… I try to see the good in all situations, and
sometime there’s simply just so much “bad” that it will never allow you to see
the “good,” at that point we must allow ourselves to Let it Go.
It’s
a crazy sea of emotions, I don’t take losing very lightly regardless of what it
is. I would prefer to go hard or go home as my younger brother always embedded
in me. He had more of a grasp on the world then I did. He always warned me
about friendships, relationship, and just things in general, I was always more reserved
and afraid of showing my true colors, because I always got stones thrown at me.
Be yourself is what they say, then when you are, they talk about you and batter
your ego. Take your stripes and wear them
proudly. I spent most my nights lying in bed crying, I spent many other
nights asking God why me? I never understood why I felt more pain then joy. I just
wanted to give up time and time again what’s the point if no one cares why
should I? Well that was the attitude got me lost in my own fog.
Sometimes
we have to lose ourselves in order find ourselves again. I began to wipe my own
tears, I cheered myself on, patted my own self on the back, and began to love
myself. It sounds so cliché; but I never really loved myself I always wanted
someone else to do it and got upset when they didn’t fit the role. I wanted
voiceless people in my life to cheer for me when it was clearly impossible, I
am the loudest person in my life and no one can top me in my own race. I pat
myself on the back daily because you know what I don’t need anyone else telling
me I did a good job, I know I’m doing a damn good job daily. When I began to
love myself things stated to change, when I started believing in myself like my
son believes in me things started to fall in place and make more sense.
When
we Let Go. We Learn to Stand Alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment